COMFORT, SAFETY & ECONOMY BY DESIGN
The Micro Bird MB-II is well known for its extra wide oval body making this vehicle the widest Type A school bus and MFSAB in its class, it offers superior comfort and safety for up to 20 passengers while providing the lowest cost of operation. The Micro Bird MB-II is renowned for its superior maneuverability and adaptability, weaving through narrow streets and congested urban areas. With a variety of lengths, interior roof heights and configurations, the Micro Bird MB-II can safely accommodate all your ambulatory and special needs transportation. The Micro Bird MB-II is the only lift equipped single rear wheel vehicle offered in the market, ranging up to 4 wheelchairs. Backed by a best-in-class 5-year limited body warranty, the Micro Bird MB-II is your best choice.
BUILT TO LAST STRUCTURE
- One-piece galvanized steel roof bows enhance safety and roll over protection.
- The full-length, heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers with reinforced seat rail offer superior protection from side impact intrusions.
- Aluminum side body panels for longevity and low repair costs
ENHANCED PASSENGER SAFETY
- Heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength.
SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION
- Offered by the use of heavy-gauge steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength and enhanced passenger safety.
REDUCED OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Gravel sheild added body protection and increased vehicle longevity
- Standard LED lights
Double action energy absorbing body mounting blocks:
- Absorb road vibration
- Reduce noise transfer to the interior cabin
- Provide smoother passenger ride
- Prevent frame collapse
- Eliminate the need for periodic tightening of body bolts
- Standard LED exterior lights
- Provides a fully-glassed entrance door and unobstructed “More-View” window
- Standard 24″ electric double-opening door.
SUPERIOR INSULATION AND QUIETNESS
- Fiberglass insulation throughout
- Insulated hat shaped roof bows
- Reduce noise transfer into passenger compartment
- Prevent condensation and corrosion
INCREASED PASSENGER COMFORT
- Creates a wide center aisle
- Offers more room for passengers
BETTER PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENTS
Completely sealed floor:
- Ensures that all exterior elements, including dust, moisture and noise, remain outside the passenger compartment
- Use of high quality exterior grade plywood
- Screwed on galvanized steel or aluminum subfloor
- Sound deadening undercoating is applied to metal subfloor over and above prior to plywood installation
The MB-II (Single Rear Wheel) delivers exceptional safety and stability, making this bus an excellent choice for your special needs applications. This bus is ready to be equipped with a variety of options to suit the needs of any passenger.
- Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon are available for any of Micro Bird’s buses.
WHEELCHAIR SECUREMENT SYSTEMS
- Our Slide N’Click and floor pocket anchorages offer safe and secure transport for special needs passengers.