COMFORT, SAFETY & ECONOMY BY DESIGN
The Micro Bird MB-II is well known for its extra wide oval body making this vehicle the widest Type A school bus and MFSAB in its class, it offers superior comfort and safety for up to 20 passengers while providing the lowest cost of operation.
The Micro Bird MB-II is renowned for its superior maneuverability and adaptability, weaving through narrow streets and congested urban areas. With a variety of lengths, interior roof heights and configurations, the Micro Bird MB-II can safely accommodate all your ambulatory and special needs transportation.
The Micro Bird MB-II is the only lift equipped single rear wheel vehicle offered in the market, ranging up to 4 wheelchairs. Backed by a best-in-class 5-year limited body warranty, the Micro Bird MB-II is your best choice.
BUILT TO LAST STRUCTURE
- One-piece galvanized steel roof bows enhance safety and roll over protection.
- The full-length, heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers with reinforced seat rail offer superior protection from side impact intrusions.
- Aluminum side body panels for longevity and low repair costs
ENHANCED PASSENGER SAFETY
- Heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength.
SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION
- Offered by the use of heavy-gauge steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength and enhanced passenger safety.
REDUCED OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE COSTS
Double action energy absorbing body mounting blocks:
- Absorb road vibration
- Reduce noise transfer to the interior cabin
- Provide smoother passenger ride
- Prevent frame collapse
- Eliminate the need for periodic tightening of body bolts
- Standard LED exterior lights
- Provides a fully-glassed entrance door and unobstructed “More-View” window
- Standard 24″ electric double-opening door.
SUPERIOR INSULATION AND QUIETNESS
- Fiberglass insulation throughout
- Insulated hat shaped roof bows
- Reduce noise transfer into passenger compartment
- Prevent condensation and corrosion
INCREASED PASSENGER COMFORT
- Creates a wide center aisle
- Offers more room for passengers
BETTER PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENTS
Completely sealed floor:
- Ensures that all exterior elements, including dust, moisture and noise, remain outside the passenger compartment
- Use of high quality exterior grade plywood
- Screwed on galvanized steel or aluminum subfloor
- Sound deadening undercoating is applied to metal subfloor over and above prior to plywood installation
The MB-II ( Multi-Function School Activity Bus SRW ) delivers exceptional safety and stability, making this bus an excellent choice for your special needs applications. This bus is ready to be equipped with a variety of options to suit the needs of any passenger.
- Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon are available for any of Micro Bird’s buses.
WHEELCHAIR SECUREMENT SYSTEMS
- Our Slide N’Click and floor pocket anchorages offer safe and secure transport for special needs passengers.